Friday, September 28, 2012

Ryan's video pick of the day.....

 When Daniel was a cub scout, he developed an irrational fear of black bears mauling him while camping. I showed him the statistic that stated his chances of being mauled by a bear were less than being struck by lightning.  I waited for the "Thanks, mom, you are right, I now clearly see that I WON'T get mauled by a bear this weekend."   What I got was, "Great, now I have 2 things to worry about."  In the end, he kept camping and eventually stopped worrying about bears.

I have 2 kids with learning issues.  I worry.  There are a lot of rather depressing statistics, some true, some false.  As Daniel pointed out during his bear-phobia phase, if something is one in a million, someone has got to be "one"...  and as a mother, I tend to think,  "WHAT IF MY KID IS THAT ONE!"  And yes, I do think that in caps.

So I am not going to dwell on statistics this month.

I let Ryan pick out the video clip for today.  He is a lot like our friend Tom, especially the part about playing sick to get out of work!  He smiles and nods as it plays, LOL.  He also says I am a lot like the mom, not caring unless there is a fever involved.....

Ryan's pick of the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment